As promised when the Act was given Royal Assent on 23 April 2013, the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) has now issued an updated "indicative" timetable for the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013 as well as issuing a guide to the Act.
The timetable now looks like this:
25 June 2013
- Introduction of EAT hearings by judges sitting alone
- Removal of 2 year qualifying period for unfair dismissals where the reason for the dismissal is the employee's political opinions or affiliations.
- Cap on compensatory award reduced
- Whistleblowing changes
- Protected conversations provisions introduced along with the Acas code of practice
- Compromise agreements are renamed "settlement agreements"
- Employers to have vicarious liability for employees who victimise whistleblowers
1 October 2013
- Third party harassment provisions removed from the Equality Act 2010
6 April 2014
- Introduction of the Acas early conciliation scheme
- Discrimination questionnaire provisions in the Equality Act 2010 repealed
To read the documents click here.
KLC wonder whether the "Summer 2013" provisions will still come in if this weather keeps up!